THE WORK OF AN EVANGELIST
Original Source Unknown
From First Timothy
1. Charge some that they teach no other doctrine (1 Timothy 1:3).
2. Wage a good warfare with faith and a good conscience (1 Timothy , 19).
3. Instruct the brethren in resisting false doctrine (1 Timothy 4:1-6).
4. Reject profane and old wives tales (1 Timothy 4:7).
5. Exercise yourself toward godliness (1 Timothy 4:7, 8).
6. Command the brethren to be willing to labor and suffer (1 Timothy , 11).
7. Be an example to the believers in word, conduct, love, spirit, faith, and purity (1 Timothy ).
8. Give attention to reading, exhortation, and doctrine (1 Timothy ).
9. Continue in the doctrine so that you may save yourself and others (1 Timothy ).
10. Do not receive an accusation against an elder except from two or three witness and those who are sinning rebuke (1 Timothy , 20).
11. Do all things without prejudice and partiality (1 Timothy ).
12. Flee wickedness and pursue righteousness (1 Timothy ).
13. Fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy ).
14. Command the rich not to be arrogant or to trust in their riches (1 Timothy ).
15. Guard what was committed to your trust (1 Timothy ).
16. Avoid profane and idle babblings (1 Timothy ).
From Second Timothy
1. Do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord (2 Timothy 1:8).
2. Hold fist the pattern of sound words (2 Timothy ).
3. Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 2:1).
4. Commit the truth to other faithful Christians (2 Timothy 2:2).
5. Endure hardship as a good soldier, as a disciplined athlete, and as a hard working farmer (2 Timothy 2:3-6).
6. Remind the brethren not to strive about words to no profit (2 Timothy ).
7. Be diligent to show yourself a workman approved to God (2 Timothy ).
8. Flee youthful lusts and pursue righteousness (2 Timothy ).
9. Avoid foolish and ignorant disputes (2 Timothy ).
10. Be gentle, able to teach, patient (2 Timothy ).
11. In humility correct those who oppose the truth (2 Timothy ).
12. Continue in the Scriptures (2 Timothy -17).
13. “Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching (2 Timothy 4:2).”
14. “Be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry (2 Timothy 4:5).”